Copyright, Copying and Trademark
The entire WCC Web site is covered by copyright by Women Creating Change, formerly known as Women’s City Club of New York (“WCC”). Certain articles or materials within the Web site are also separately copyrighted by WCC as indicated, all rights reserved. If you find these materials useful, you may download, print out, or send a copy to others so long as each copy indicates the appropriate copyright notice and is used only for personal purposes. It is expressly prohibited, however, to reprint or electronically reproduce any text, document, graphic, or audio or visual material for bulk or commercial use. For special copyright permissions, or to purchase WCC publications and pamphlets, please write to: Women Creating Change, 110 West 40th Street, Suite 1002, New York, NY 10018.
Nothing contained in this WCC Web site is intended to be or constitutes legal or other professional advice and users should always seek the advice of an appropriate attorney or other professional regarding individual questions or concerns of a legal or professional nature.
Waiver of Responsibility for Defective or Contaminated Materials
Although WCC makes every effort to ensure the correctness of data, WCC disclaims responsibility for any errors or omissions, such as unintended technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, in the materials made available on or through this Web site. WCC cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the service will be free of “infection” or “viruses,” “worms,” “Trojan horses,” or other codes or properties that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Users are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy their particular requirements for protection against such harmful programs, codes and properties, for maintaining the accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the WCC Web site for the reconstruction of any lost data. Use of the WCC Web site and the Internet generally is at the user’s own risk.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall all be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to agreements made and to be performed in New York, without reference to conflict of law provisions.
User Rules and Responsibilities
In order to maintain an informative and valuable service that meets the needs of the users and avoids harm to others, WCC has established the following User Rules and by using this Web site the user agrees to the following User Rules:
- The user may download, print, or transmit information from the WCC Web site for personal, private use. However, the user must make sure that proper copyright notice is affixed to each copy transmitted or printed and in no case may the materials be reproduced in bulk or for commercial use without express, written permission from Women’s City Club of New York, 110 West 40th Street, Suite 1002, New York, NY 10018.
- Users may not post or transmit any message that is libelous or defamatory, or violates any other person’s copyrights, privacy rights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other rights with respect to confidential information. The user agrees to indemnify WCC against any and all damages suffered by third parties as a result of the user’s violation of this term.
- Users may not post or transmit any message, data, image, or program with the intent to threaten the safety of others or that a reasonable person would perceive as a threat to safety.
- WCC does not discourage users from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views; however, WCC reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in cases where a person uses, or attempts to use, the WCC Web site inappropriately to disseminate statements or materials that are reasonably construed as abusive, destructive, harmful, or threatening to the safety of others.
- Users may not interfere with other users’ use of the WCC Web site, including, without limitation, disrupting the normal flow or use of the service.
- Users may not post or transmit any file which they have reason to believe contains “viruses,” “worms,” “Trojan horses” or any other contaminating or destructive features.
- Users shall be responsible for granting or restricting access to this Web site through the user’s computer and email account and shall be responsible for any communication with this Web site through the use of the user’s computer or email account. Users shall assume all responsibility for safeguarding their email address and other identifying information, passwords, files, and network which may be used in connection with this Web site.
Women Creating Change, formerly known as Women’s City Club of New York, Inc. (“WCC”), respects the privacy of each individual who visits our Web site. In order to honor your privacy, we have adopted the following policy:
Collection and Use of Information
All individually identifiable information that you chose to share with WCC is stored on a secure third-party client management site. We collect individually identifiable information about you only when you choose to share information about yourself, as in a request for information or an email sent to us. This information may include your postal or email address and your telephone number. Individually identifiable information is used to provide you with information. If you provide your postal address, telephone number or email address to WCC, you may receive periodic contacts from us.
Except as stated above, we do not collect any individually identifiable information. If you would like to change the way we contact you, please email us and write in the subject line the words, “Change personal contact.”
We also collect some non-identifiable information when you visit some Web pages, such as the domain name of your Internet service provider and the type of operating system you are using to help us determine if our Web site is being viewed correctly and if any improvements are needed.
Site Usage Data
Our Web server automatically recognizes and collects the domain name of each visitor to our Web site. We collect information about visitors to our site, such as the number of visitors, what pages they access, and the length of their visit. This information is used in aggregate form in order to manage our Web site and improve its content.
Some portions of our site provide special services that allow users to upload information for public consumption.
Sharing Information with Others
We do not share your personal information with other organizations. We may use your information in the aggregate, non-identifiably, to provide information about the concerns of the public related to public policy issues.
From time to time, we send out information via email. You can elect not to receive communications from us, by emailing us your wishes using the Contact form.
Links to Other Sites
Questions or Concerns
Whenever you have any questions or concerns please contact us by phone at 212.353.8070.
For further information:
Women Creating Change
110 West 40th Street, Suite 1002
New York, NY 10018
Email: Please use our Contact form